Friday, June 23, 2006

My sister's been looking at feminist arguments on other people's blogs. I'm a bit of a feminist (that's a bit of an understatement) and I haven't even decided if my sister's a feminist or not. I guess she is if i'm using my own definition, but there's so many different definitions! i even checked the dictionary and it can't decide either. Says that "Feminism is a diverse collection of social theories, political movements, and moral philosophies, largely motivated by or concerning the experiences of women."
Right, so it began with the whole political suffragette thing...or WAIT!! maybe it began with the revolte against expectations of woman. Who knows...? Either way, We're where we are today because some forward thinking ladies spoke back. Good on them, I say.

No comments: