Thursday, April 03, 2008

Life in NZ

wow! just saw how out of date i am with my blogging. september last year...oh boy. well - the engagement party we had in Edinburgh was great and then we went on some travels round Europe for three weeks before coming back to NZ.
Got Married in November, went to Fiji for honeymoon, managed to work two weeks at my last school to earn some money, also got a couple weeks work out of a contact from the next employer (telecom). this was great cos otherwise we'd have run completely out of money!!!!
started work in January on 3 month contract and hopefully it's going permanent in the next week or two... they keep piling more responsibility on me so it'd be a bit daft to be doing that if they not going to be keeping me :)

ok - there's your real quick overview... life in NZ is great - i love it! i work as an intergration Analyst (data analyst) which makes a change from teaching...and a bit of a relief too. my line manager asked me yesterday how much he can increase my workload before i get too stressed - i said bring it on... thinking of teaching when you don't have a choice how much stress, i figured i've got a long way to go before this work is going to be causing me any problem.

right...enough for now.
i've finally got a very fancy digital camera (with a massive zoom :-) ) so might be able to put pictures in easier...but we don't have broadband or wireless and i don't like sitting at the desk to play with photos and surf the net so when the circumstances are right and i have everything the way i like it (lazy me!) then we'll have some more fun posts with some pics too!!!

well ... back to work.

No comments: