Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Leaving the country already?

And for anyone that's reading this and interested, i'm off to the UK again in April. I'm actually looking forward to it. Mainly 'cos i know i'll be coming back to NZ to live. Residency is currently being processed. i'm waiting for my passport to come back, but i think i'm gonna be able to say that i got residency in less than two months. That's not bad considering it normally takes 3 - 6 months.
i sent in my application on 1 Dec 2006. i then recieved a letter asking me to sort out a problem in my medical, get a letter from my employer, get a contract sent, etc. sent it all back within two days. Then just before finishing up for christmas i called to find out if they'd got everything and my immigration officer told me that she'd already authorised it and i should get a letter in early January.
6 January - got letter asking me to pay a migrant fee and put in my passport and stating that i should recieve it back with residency permit within 30 days. That takes it to a total of 2 months for a whole load of paper work and the all-important stamp on my passport.

So, in March my man travels to the UK. 5 weeks later i'll be joining him, working there for a wee while. Earn some money, pay off some of my student loan and then see what we decide to do. At this stage there's no time limit been put in place except for the return ticket that needs to be used within the year. guess we'll see what happens.

I did consider finishing up at school early and going over, but it'd be really nice to be able to do a full year at one school without bailing out... not that i have done before hand, but i did 7 months in my first school and now i'm here. although they offered me a permanent job, i'll not be taking it, but i'll be leaving having fulfilled my contract and no leaving them in the lurch. good for me, eh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.